Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bookmarklets for SharePoint

I've started using bookmarklets to make my life incredibly easier when working with SharePoint. In order to configure webparts on a page, I had to go through several layers of menus. For some configurations, I needed to append querysting parameters to the URL. While these things aren't necessarily time-consuming or difficult, if you do it enough ... it gets old.

I have a bookmarklet that calls the javascript needed to put the Web Part page in the mode that I wanted. Here are a few examples (put the script into the URL field in a shortcut or favorite link):
  • Put the web part page into 'Design' mode
javascript:MSOLayout_ToggleLayoutMode();

  • Put the web part page into 'Browse' mode
javascript:MSOTlPn_ShowToolPane('2');

  • Put the web part page into 'Import' web part mode
javascript:MSOTlPn_ShowToolPane('5');

These shortcuts are great time-savers

No comments: