Friday, July 20, 2007

My Brain is Full Now But Empty When I Need It

Have you ever had a great idea but by the time you can write it down, most of the details are gone from your mind?! Or what if someone tells you about some event that you should go to but don't have anything to write it down with. This stuff happens to me all the time. I think I just have too much garbage in my brain.

I recently discovered a service that I really like that helps me remember some of the important stuff until I can write it down. It's called BrainCast. It is a web/phone service. Here's how it works:

  1. You have something that you need to remember.
  2. You call the BrainCastphone number from a phone number that you have pre-configured with BrainCast.
  3. You immediately here a beep, and then you leave a message with the details of the thing you need to remember.
  4. BrainCast takes the wav file from your message and automatically ties it to your web account
  5. Later, log into your BrainCast account and organize/listen to your BrainCast messages.
I think this is a really neat tool. I added my cell phone as one my phone numbers (allowed up to three) and created a speed dial on my cell phone to the BrainCast toll-free number. This tool has helped me remember quite a few things. I've had no complaints with their system. They are hosted by the VOIP company ViaTalk (my replacement VOIP after the fun with SunRocket). Even though this is a ViaTalk service, this service is open to everybody and is absolutely free.

Check them out: http://braincast.viatalk.com

No comments: