Thursday, July 12, 2007

My Security.Config files for .NET are missing

I went to modify the security rules for a server the other day and I could not find the security config file (usually found here: %WinDir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\vx.y.zzzz\config). I did some research and found out that sometimes the security.config file is not created when you install .NET and the framework uses default security policies built into the framework. I found that you can get the framework to emit the default security policies into the security.config file by running the following command:

caspol -all -reset

Check back in the %WinDir%\Microsoft.Net\Framework\vx.y.zzzz\config folder and you'll see the security.config file. Now you can modify it all you want.

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/shawnfa/archive/2006/02/09/527688.aspx

No comments: